Pre-integration counselling and German courses in The Gambia
Since December 2016, The Gambia is no longer under the dictatorship of Y. Jammeh, but the effects of this period are still felt by the population. Due to lack of prospects, young people in particular undertake perlious journeys to reach Europe. We would like to counteract this unregulated migration. Already in 2019, we were able to experience in a small pilot project how urgently qualified counselling and language learning centres are needed.
Against this background, the fka has applied through the BAMF (Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) for the project “House of Hope – Legal Migration”. fka receives co-financing from the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund for project implementation, which began in the summer of 2021.
As part of the project, the fka on the ground in Gambia will
- offer competent pre-integration counselling, during which interested persons are shown the possibilities of legally immigrating to Germany (basic requirements and conditions, options e. g. family reunification, au pair, federal voluntary service, higher education, etc.)
- offer individual counselling sessions in which we explain legal aspects of legal entry into Germany (basic knowledge of administrative structures in Germany)
- professional, free German courses including exam preparation (levels A1 and A2, B1 and B2)
- supervise and train local counsellors for pre-integration counselling
- train local German teachers didactically for courses at the following levels: A1, A2, B1 and B2 level.
Young Gambians in particular should be given the opportunity to enter Germany legally through the project. We already have contacts to possible cooperation partners in both Germany and The Gambia (training centres, voluntary groups in Baden-Wuerttemberg, the Gambian government, local media and organisations).
For consultation enquiries:
firstname.lastname@example.org (in English, German, Italian and Spanish)
+220 502 4722 (English, Jola, Mandinka and Wolof)